Size for an enclosure?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozwin

5 Year Member
Hey everyone, I already have one hermans tortoise but thinking of getting a new one :):) exited :) Does anyone have any suggestions for measurements for the enclosure? needs to be big enough for two (medium sized) tortoises to roam happily.... :) Thanks!

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irvine, CA
How big is 'medium'? 4"? 6"? 8"? I'd guess something around 10 square feet of surface area minimum (4' x 2.5' or something) and at least twice as tall as their SCL so they can't climb out. With 2 torts you'll want multiple hides and LoS breakers like tiny walls or plants.

I missed the 'additional one' part and just read 2 torts. If you're getting another adult tort from somewhere else you should keep them separated for quarantine in case the new one has any diseases (I think people recommend ~6 months). What does your current enclosure look like? We all love photos :D

ozwin

5 Year Member
Yeah I found out there was a quarantine period on this forum.... I'll be keeping the new tort in the existing enclosure whilest ozzy will be making his mark in his/her new enclosure!!! Thanks for the measurements, Ozwin's about 5ish"... I'll get pictures soon... Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.