Since there are some members that think the forum is slowing down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjr153

5 Year Member
I have an idea... Everyone knows good ol' Craigslist, right? Go under the Pets section of the CL in your area and promote/advertise the Tortoise Forum. It will get more traffic on the forum and possibly help better a Torts life.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I actually do that, except I do it in individual tortoise for sale ads. I usually give them the changes they could make for the tort they are selling and I then ask them to take a look on TFO and to pass the info I gave them about their tort and TFO onto the new owners. Of course I have no idea how many actually do it, but most responses I get back are promising.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I'm hesitant. Lets look into Craiglist's policy on advertising forums. No one wants to get this forum into trouble for spamming.

kjr153

5 Year Member
mctlong, If I read and understand correctly on CL there is nothing wrong with this idea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think we need to worry about advertising. Every day we get 10 to 20 or more new members and I'm betting its because they've found us through a 'net search.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kjr153 said:
Alright, well thanks anyway.

Hey, it is a good idea. Why don't you ask your Craig's list if you can do that. You might also want to consider doing a posting at your local pet stores and Vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.