Status
Not open for further replies.

sid the turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Green Bay
Hi-

It's been a while since we last posted. I think Sid is trying out for the Olympics. He is in and out (over the side) of his water dish, through his food dish, he has more substrate in his water then on the bottom of his cage. It has been almost 90 degrees here (Green Bay) for the past week, and we have been bringing him outside to soak. He is constantly tyring to climb out of his cage. He is making the biggest mess. What is going on here?? Also, do they make noises like, I dont know, sounds like a seal barking. Is he in heat? Do R/f go in heat? Dont know if hes even old enough to go into heat or be sexually active...lol. I think hes about 2. He also seems to be hissing alot or scaring himself. Is that normal?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Does it sound like a hen clucking ? Is he head bobbing ? Sounds like Sid is growing up and becoming an adult.

sid the turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Green Bay
I guess it could sound like a hen clucking, but not sure about the head bobbing. what about him being extremely messy, or is that just their nature?

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
sid the turtle said:
I guess it could sound like a hen clucking, but not sure about the head bobbing. what about him being extremely messy, or is that just their nature?

Within 5 minutes of my 5 month old hatchling RFT being in his enclosure, he got strawberry all over his foot, stepped in his water dish and got strawberry in it, dumped his water dish over from stepping on the edge of it, and then proceeded to try and eat his water dish and dinner plate.
He, too, has a TON of substrate in his water dish (which I have to clean out like 5 times a day).

I think it's just in their nature to be messy little cuties.
Mine doesn't hiss at me (yet), but he clucks/clicks, and makes squeaking noises when he eats, and he also bobs his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.