Sick tortoise Greek

W

words

I have Greek tortoise keep producing sound pain .. now in late winter , stopped eating in late summer and doesn't Drink , I left it outside in cold , maybe infection fever .. , I had problem with chicken bullying them . And pigeon may come eat there food but will rebuild fence

- I had similar amonth ago I tried feed it by spoon , the 3rd day she died .
- I don't know if I have money for doctor
- I started with 16 tortoise , now it's 9 the rest dead by trial and error .
Injecting oral multivitamin intramuscular / beating / forced feeding / cold hunger suffocating while drinking / ...
What u think

Orcsloot

Location (City and/or State)
Corpus Christi, Texas
you've lost about half of your torts im sorry but i would maybe reevaluate if you bit off more then you could chew here.. personally i would be devastated if i witnessed let alone played a part in anyway to such demise then i would for the sake of these innocent tortoises consider that a sign and not have a tortoise. and if i dont have the finances to care for said innocent animal i wouldn't be trying to keep one.

thats what i think.

W

words

- Yes u are right I am poor and there inflation ,
- I started from 0 and over time I am learning from mistake , I didn't start professional , but iam getting better understanding .
- But for them it's tough
- I love how tortoise move slowly advance in life , and stay long time without food ....
- But there's so much of them in pet shop , I heard they even make expensive tortoise soupe .
- I give them my everyday food no garlic or onion )
- I make food into ball ?
- I notice they love fish , egg ,
- still have problem nutrition , so I give multivitamin intramuscular , and I bought mineral brick mix ( cow lick these ) , powder , bought calcium powder for cow

Orcsloot

Corpus Christi, Texas
- Yes u are right I am poor and there inflation ,
- I started from 0 and over time I am learning from mistake , I didn't start professional , but iam getting better understanding .
- But for them it's tough
- I love how tortoise move slowly advance in life , and stay long time without food ....
- But there's so much of them in pet shop , I heard they even make expensive tortoise soupe .
- I give them my everyday food no garlic or onion )
- I make food into ball ?
- I notice they love fish , egg ,
- still have problem nutrition , so I give multivitamin intramuscular , and I bought mineral brick mix ( cow lick these ) , powder , bought calcium powder for cow
There’s so much with what you’ve said that’s wrong do the tortoises a favor and stop what your doing give them to a refuge or something where they can be cared for properly.

No disrespect honest, I’m sure your intentions are righteous but do what’s best for the little fellas. :)

Last edited:
W

words

- I raised cat from 0 and I become very good without knowledge ,
- I learnt alot method raising rabbit and killed so much ...
- I also learnt tortoise Greek from 0
- Learnt raise chicken baby and overcome virus paralysis
- my family father mother ( 70 ,80 ) has 10 year to live and iam learning survival skill ?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!

Take thoughtful read of this post: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/info-for-new-people-please-read-this-first.202363/ and temperate species care sheet linked at the end of it. These are the best and safest recommendations on how to raise tortoises. Learn from them, so you don't have to make your own mistakes. Do as much as you can from these recommendations.

With right foods and natural sun they don't need any vitamin injections. Give them lots of space to roam with shade and water always available, plenty of suitable foods, keep chickens out. One of the key factors are correct temperatures - if it's getting cold at nights they might need a warm shelter. Before next winter you will need to learn about brumation (hibernation, winter sleep), so they can sleep through the winter safely.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am very sorry for your tortoises. I hope you can understand the good advice you are being given here, and change everything about how you keep them. All the best.