Sick tort!

Shay Waddell

This morning my Memito threw up in his water. He won't even eat his lettuce. I did give him egg yolk for the first time yesterday. And he spent a good amount of time outside so he could've eaten something out there. I am very worried and unsure of what to do.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Do you know of any extremely toxic plants he could've gotten to? I don't think over heating causes vomiting, but I suppose that's a possibility.

Shay Waddell

No. My yard is just grass,clovers, and weeds. However, under my porch is some dried up stuff. I'm not exactly sure what's under there. I wasn't worried about it because he normally just ignores it and trots away.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
do you think perhaps he's backed up (constipated)? Have you seen a good sized BM lately? What have you been feeding him over the last week other than the egg and does he eat off of something that wouldn't get substrate mixed in with it?.. do you have gravel somewhere in your yard that he could have ingested?.. you may have to monitor his behaviour to see if he gets a bit more sluggish than normal.. and write everything down, in case you decide to take him to a vet in a day or two....do you know why the stuff "under your porch" is dried up? It wasn't sprayed with a herbicide to kill it,was it? Lastly... I see you have a cat, does your cat have a litter box that your tort can get into? Or does your cat go outside? If your cat is on meds and the tort eats it's droppings...