Sick hatchling :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
I got this hatchling on March 16 from the breeder (commercial), he was quite tiny, only 38 g, a little shy of 2''. He was eating just fine with my other two hatchlings, and gained almost 10 g over 10 days or so. But out of the blue he stopped eating one day, then he ate a little and since last Friday his appetite was on and off. He is not lethargic and he pooped a day ago, normal looking poop, nothing out of ordinary. But yesterday and today he did not eat at all, I am very worried. Today I also noticed that he regurgitated a little saliva or mucous, but it came not from his nostrils but from his mouth. He also drank a lot today,, very fast and then threw up a little water like 10-15 minutes later.
I am taking him to the vet tomorrow, but has anybody had any similiar symptoms? My two other hatchlings are fine. Temperature 80, around 90 in hotspot, humidity 70 or so, I take them during the day outside and they walk around their little garden for an hour and then spend the rest of time in their bin with moss and hide out, I also soak them every day in the morning and mist the moss obsessively. This hatchling is a poop eater too, I've noticed he ate some he found, could it be the issue? Maybe he ate something in their little outside area?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Bumping you up a bit. I would however put the sick one in it's own enclosure. Good luck at the Vet, I hope the little one will be ok!!

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Thank you! I've read about baby food/vitamin soak will try it too tomorrow.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
That soak is like magic!! Maybe she will perk up when she doesn't have to compete with anyone for food. They could be tromping over her. Mine do it to each other all the time. Why go around when you can go right over!

Status
Not open for further replies.