Sick star tortoise

mishty18

Location (City and/or State)
India
Hello everyone!
3 days before a vet injected my baby tortoise and soon after she had stop eating and her skin around neck had become whitish and dry.. I took her to another vet today and he said that water level has gone very low and because of it she is not opening her eyes and also not eating. I am very worried as i am doing every effort to make her eat or drink but she doesn’t open her eyes at all..! Is there anything that I can do to make her get well.. she is getting real sick and yes temperature here is very hot.. !
Please help if possible!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What did the vet inject her with and why? What symptoms was the vet attempting to treat? Was the cause of the illness addressed, discovered and corrected? Are you soaking daily?

mishty18

India
What did the vet inject her with and why? What symptoms was the vet attempting to treat? Was the cause of the illness addressed, discovered and corrected? Are you soaking daily?

Yes I am soaking her daily for 30 -45 minutes in warm water.. and he said that she had pneumonia so he injected her with antibiotic.. And after that she is barely opening her eyes and not eating at all...! ☹️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry your tort is so sick. Try adding piedialyte and baby food carrots to the soaks. Keep the temps no lower then 85 in the enclosure day and night. If you have other torts house this one by itself while sick. Good luck keep us posted

N

no one

Sorry to read that your Star is so sick. Hope she will get better!! Do the carrot soaks like Wellington said. Baby carrot food in the water. Volume about 40% baby carrot food.