Sick tortoise

ColinS

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
So before my horse field was about to hibernate I noticed she was sick. As she was winding down and always in her hide I wasn’t sure if she was winding down or Ill. Anyhow I took her to the vets and she gave me anti biopics which I have been giving for about a month. Her health has improved major and is now eating and pooing etc... the thing is her skin has some kind of condition. The vet gave me cream, Flamazine, which seems to have run its course and isn’t working now. The anti biotic injections was Ceftazidime, very 3 days. Both eyes were shut, only one now and this is opening more and more
so does anyone have any suggestions for her skin, I don’t want to go back to the vets til this virus has passed!!
Check the photos, her she’ll is perfect. No rot
Just her skin. Baring in mind it’s a million times better, the cream seems to have run its course. I’m still using it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is that where the antibiotic was injected?

I would pull the leg out straight, scrub it well to remove any dirt, dead skin and dead tissue, then just keep it covered with some sort of first aid cream . . . Neosporin or the like.

ColinS

Manchester
No the injection was top of the front legs. This skin condition is in the armpits of u like! Not on the legs or shell. But yes I think it’s a good idea what you said, I will try clean it up and see how it looks. I think it looks worse than it is