Sick Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rascal Rock

5 Year Member
Hi Tort Family, I am going to make this brief. I believe that one of my baby marges is sick or sick or i dont know what! she is in the pen with the other two babies and they are fine. she is the smaller of three but that has never been a issue.
syptoms:
squeaky/weezy just a little bit
she has slowed down a little
i find her in weird places in the tank

she ate today no problem so im not sure really what to expect
temps hot and cold are on par i change the water everyday or every other day so i am not sure really what do ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Rascal Rock:

Take a close look at the tortoises nostrils to be sure they aren't plugged with food or debris.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give us a better description of your set up, the actual temps, high, low, basking and all over, humidity, substrate, etc. Also, if you think she is sick, you should keep her separated from the others until you know for sure if she is fine or not.
Good luck, hope she is fine.

Rascal Rock

5 Year Member
55 rubber maid container
two hides, one hot one cold
hot temp between 86-90
cold side 75-78
ambient around 65-75 depending on time of day

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps there is some bullying going on...do you see the tort using the hides at all? Are the other two torts using the hides? Is the hide in the cool side humid as well or is it a dry cool hide? May we see a pic of the torts face?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
The squeaking thing weirded me out when I got my marginated but my henry squeaks from time to time. I am not say this is the same in your case. The vet told me to watch for fluid from the eyes or nose.
Can you separate them out? It seems like if one has an infection you don't want it to spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.