Shy Cherry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abclements

5 Year Member
My cherry really doesnt come out very much. He comes out to eat just fine on his own but basically crawls under his fake plant and stays there till i feed him in the morning... hes done this for the entire time ive had him (6-7 months) but i figured it was a winter thing... temps are pretty normal. 86 in the hot end, 80 in the cool end, drops about 4 degrees at night. Humidity never drops below 75... thoughts??

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
One of mine is like that (out of the four I own). They all have their own personalities.

abclements

5 Year Member
Here ya go steve. Its kinda hard to take pictures of but heres my best effort

Top1365173749246.jpg
He likes to hide under the fake plants running the upper left corner, theres a hide thats hard to see in the middle thats covered in dirt

Right side 1365173790644.jpg
The rocks are where his watering dish is. Its a paint tray filled in with rocks and a small waterfall.

Left side 1365173838373.jpg

Substrate: 3-4 inch deep coco coir

Under substrate heat cable that he really likes to dig down to. (Never gets too hot for him)

Im thinking about taking out the heat cable and seeing what that does, but if he likes it so much i dont want to take away his happy place...

Redstrike: is this something he'll grow out of maybe? I don't mind it, it just would be nice to see him a little more...

Last edited by a moderator:

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
It's possible, mine is just under a year old and is still very shy. We can only hope they'll "come out of their shells".

abclements

5 Year Member
Haha i like the pun. Mines about the same age. 10 months give or take...

Status
Not open for further replies.