Should I feed pellets?

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
I don’t feed my tortoise pellets just fresh vegetables but I’ve seen a lot of people on this forum who are feeding their tortoises pellets! Should I be feeding them???

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The good thing about feeding pellets of some type is that usually they have added ingredients that are usually beneficial to a torts overall health and welfare. Regardless of what natural ingredients you feed, especially in the UK, there are probably many trace elements of minerals & vitamins & stuff that are not available. Sooooo, a good pellet will have those compounds & make a healthy tort.

For example, Mazuri tort pellets:

Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat germ, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, cholecalciferol, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, riboflavin, preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, citric acid, l-lysine, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
United Kingdom
The good thing about feeding pellets of some type is that usually they have added ingredients that are usually beneficial to a torts overall health and welfare. Regardless of what natural ingredients you feed, especially in the UK, there are probably many trace elements of minerals & vitamins & stuff that are not available. Sooooo, a good pellet will have those compounds & make a healthy tort.

For example, Mazuri tort pellets:

Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat germ, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, cholecalciferol, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, riboflavin, preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, citric acid, l-lysine, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.
So do you recommend I should buy them and if I do how often should I feed them to my tort