Shoebox tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortTopper

5 Year Member
Well yesterday, since it was a quite perfect temperature for the torts, I decided to let them outside which I do almost all the time and let them graze on the grass. I realised that they were in need of a shade and since I was just too lazy to get the Hide from upstairs I decided to just make a temporary one out of a shoebox. I removed the roof of the shoebox, turned it upside down, and cut out an entrance for the torts to enter, little did I realise that there was a tiny hole at the other end of the box.

I took a picture of the box to document my amazing engineering.

ElWFVyo.jpg

But as I looked closer in the picture I saw a little critter sticking her head out.
HDW5vOZ.jpg

This made me chuckle a bit because she stuck her head out of the little hole and began to eat grass through it. :) :tort:

tortoiselover518

5 Year Member
How cute is that! Where are you from? I'm waiting for it to get warmer up here in NY so Snickers can go outside

TortTopper

5 Year Member
Thanks, well I'm from the Philippines so our temperature here is mostly warm and sunny especially since we are experiencing summer at the moment.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Here in NY we got 4 in. of snow today. Your tort is so lucky to be outside. Poor Pio and Solo are still inside and will be for another month, I guess. I love that little head sticking out of the hole. Great picture.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
How did you see that? I never would have noticed, that is so cute!

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Haha I think sometimes they forget they have a shell on their back and can't fit through small spaces! :D

Cute :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Lol! Very cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.