Shiped to Guam Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portsmouth, VA
So, I'm moving to Guam for 2 years in April. Health Certificates, Permits, carry on person, import into Guam, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've been through website after website, e-mail after e-mail.... and by websites, I'm talking Fish and Wildlife Service, USDA (and all their extended websites), Customs in Guam (as if it's got an e-mail address on it's site), and a few others...

Has anyone ever shipped a Tort, Lizard, Reptile to Guam?

If this is not possible, I will leave Herbie (the Greek Tort) with my boyfriend who will take care of him, or if my current job situation changes, then that's one less of a headache, but nontheless, I just need someone to call (or better yet, e-mail) with questions on if it's even possible to bring him.

Anyone?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm sorry I can't help you...but I have lived in Guam for 2 years and I must say that I am insanely jealous. I would love to go back there.

I assume you or your family is in the military? If so, I would recommend spending some time off base and getting to know the locals. I promise you will not eat better at any other point in your life than you will when you are on that island.

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
Neal said:
I'm sorry I can't help you...but I have lived in Guam for 2 years and I must say that I am insanely jealous. I would love to go back there.

I assume you or your family is in the military? If so, I would recommend spending some time off base and getting to know the locals. I promise you will not eat better at any other point in your life than you will when you are on that island.

Thanks Neal for your quick response, I spent 7 months there back in '99 on a deployment. Did like it there, but I did not drive back then, but did get off base when I could. This time I'll be living out in town so it should be fun. Family (i.e. boyfriend) will be staying behind to take care of the dogs and cat, and possibly Herbie if this becomes too difficult. I really could keep him in my carry on and no one would notice... not like he's swallowed any metal to alert TSA... I hope. I did search Guam on here, and I noted that you've been there... thought about PM'ing you.... three days ago.

So, I finally e-mailed USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.... Lets see if they send me back to Fish and Wildlife Service, then it will officially be a runaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.