Shell rot

bozotony

Location (City and/or State)
Hialeah Florida
Is this shell rot? im talking about the mark on the lower right of the picture, and some of it is on the bottom of the picture aswell. He had some of these wierd marks on the top of its shell aswell but i scrubbed it off with a toothbrush. there was no discharge, just plain shell. i scrubbed some off the wierd stuff off the bottom aswell but not completely so yoh can see what im talking about. I tried putting some povidone iodine on it but it didnt so anything, and the substrate is dry on top but moist under.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do not use iodine more than once. It prohibits/prolongs healing.
Use some athletes foot cream or antibiotic cream on it. Use one of them for two weeks daily. If no improvement, switch to the other one.
She should have high humidity but try keeping top layer dry. Pouring warm water into the corners will do this. Looks more like scraping on something.
I would try the antibiotic cream first.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is this shell rot? im talking about the mark on the lower right of the picture, and some of it is on the bottom of the picture aswell. He had some of these wierd marks on the top of its shell aswell but i scrubbed it off with a toothbrush. there was no discharge, just plain shell. i scrubbed some off the wierd stuff off the bottom aswell but not completely so yoh can see what im talking about. I tried putting some povidone iodine on it but it didnt so anything, and the substrate is dry on top but moist under.
That is not shell rot. It is shell damage from something.