Shell pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I have had Shelby 6 months now there was signs of slight pyramiding when i got her but although she as grown i do not think she as got any worse but her growth ring are not flat. I mist her and soak her every other day since she started going in her new water tray. I have also taken pictures of her from underneath and her tail i do not think she is showing signs of being a male but wonder if i am wrong.

by the way there are bits on her its only moss she as just come out of her hide
sorry side profile picture is a bit blurred
shelbys shell edit.jpg
more shell edit.jpg
side profile edit.jpg
tail edit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Shelby is looking good and looks like a female to me. :)

Danny

Bry:)

5 Year Member
You have a female on your hands!

i thought dylan was a boy, but he's defo a girl. and identical tails!

Orpexo

5 Year Member
I have questions on the same topic so I'll re-use this thread instead of starting a new one with the same title :)

Not long ago I noticed something on my tortoise shell. It looked like the junctions between the scutes were a lot darker than before. I don't have koopa since long but I think it is not just my imagination. In order to check I put together old and recent pictures, here's the mash-up:
shell.jpg

I hope that, if there is really a change on the sheel appearing, it is not a bad thing. The picts are not of great quality but, seeing the tort in real, it appears to me the lines between the scutes are indeed a lot darker and well defined that it was before. I am wondering if it's because of a better hydration (I soak or spray water regularly) or maybe just something normal as my thb grows up.

Unfortunatly the number doesn't seem to fade away one bit :/

Status
Not open for further replies.