Shell Growth Healthy?

l512

Hi everyone,
Is this shell from a tortoise is started healthy 5+ months old. I do not know what to look but see the shell is raising. I have read your posts and know to watch for the good start. Wishing you a very nice day.

l512

The photo is attached.

5 month pics.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
It looks ok to me. Nice growth lines. Any pyramiding that has started, you can stop by keeping him in a very humid enclosure

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Beautiful tortoise.
Maybe very slight pyramiding, but nothing to worry about.
Just give him a nice water supply, daily soaks and keep up the humidity.

Melissa319

5 Year Member
outside of Phoenix, AZ
I think I recognize that tortoise. :) Sierra View? If so, you'll be pleased with the little one. I purchased two hatchlings from them, they arrived yesterday. They're perfect and hit the floor running - ate well and great shells. I think you'd find the baby to be smoother than it appears in the photos as well.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Yeah thats not too bad at all for pyramiding. Really beautiful marbling too.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Remember, if raising humidity, keep temps up above 80F. :tort:I got reminded several times so now it's your turn! :p

l512

Thank you sooo much! I really love Sue & Dan and they really care about their torts and I appreciate all everyone's help, and the reminding too :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thank you sooo much! I really love Sue & Dan and they really care about their torts and I appreciate all everyone's help, and the reminding too :)
I just received my 6th from Sue and Dan. You simply can't go wrong with their babies. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430002445.859569.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You will rarely see a perfectly smooth non-South African leopard tortoise, so even slight pyramiding is not anything to loose sleep over. The ones pictured above are about as good as I have seen, actually I would put those two above average in terms of smoothness.