Sheldons thread

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
I decided to create a thread for Sheldon... To post pictures of him his enclosure hides etc etc. I also would like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me to learn how to properly care for Sheldon. When I purchased Sheldon from petsmart(I know lol) I knew little information about caring for tortoises. Within a few weeks of getting Sheldon I noticed he was very inactive and not eating. I quickly began researching and ran across the forum. I had just about EVERYTHING wrong... Enclosure bulbs heat diet. I just wanted to thank all of those who have helped me learn about tort care.a special shoutout to @Tom you have helped so much! Also a shoutout to everyone who has answered some of the dumb questions I've asked. Since I have fixed sheldons care I have seen him do much better. Even thrive. Also I want all new members to know to listen to people's advice. It's worth it, within days of changing sheldons things he became more active/interactive! I know it's frustrating at times. Ok just wanted to get that out. This thread is for Sheldon and anyone who wants to post funnies and pictures of their torts!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I decided to create a thread for Sheldon... To post pictures of him his enclosure hides etc etc. I also would like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me to learn how to properly care for Sheldon. When I purchased Sheldon from petsmart(I know lol) I knew little information about caring for tortoises. Within a few weeks of getting Sheldon I noticed he was very inactive and not eating. I quickly began researching and ran across the forum. I had just about EVERYTHING wrong... Enclosure bulbs heat diet. I just wanted to thank all of those who have helped me learn about tort care.a special shoutout to @Tom you have helped so much! Also a shoutout to everyone who has answered some of the dumb questions I've asked. Since I have fixed sheldons care I have seen him do much better. Even thrive. Also I want all new members to know to listen to people's advice. It's worth it, within days of changing sheldons things he became more active/interactive! I know it's frustrating at times. Ok just wanted to get that out. This thread is for Sheldon and anyone who wants to post funnies and pictures of their torts!
Yes this forum is a godsend isn't it? It's great to know there's almost instant support out there from all over the world! It's certainly helped boost my confidence in looking after Lola.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Nice photo's. I've never really took much notice of turtles until I joined this forum, They really are beautiful creature, I can see the fascination and addiction to these animals. Nice Tort BTW, and man you have big dung beetles. :D lol
How's your new enclosure coming on Craig?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
How's your new enclosure coming on Craig?
Hi Lyn. Hope you are well. At the moment its out of my control, just waiting for builders to complete their part. I told them I wanted it complete for end of July,and they said "no problem". Its looking a lot higher than I imagined. lol Can't wait to get going on the inside. I'm not the best with patience. I like to get everything done, like yesterday. So at the minute I've been working on my front garden to keep me occupied at the weekends. Was just looking at your tort, what a gorgeous tort. Be ready for a friend soon. :D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Craig, but can't really take much credit for him as I've only had him, the last year. I think I've managed to stop the pyramiding he had from getting worse though and had some concerns that his short leg is affecting his good leg/hip but other wise he seems quite healthy. Wishing for better weather so he can spend more time outside. Looking forward to seeing your finished torts' home.