Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I know torts sheds their skins and this topic should really be in the health section but since she is a greek tort I figure ask around at this section. So my tort is shedding and this is the first time I'm seeing this. Just to feel at peace about this, can someone please verify that it looks normal? It's around the neck area and looks like a little brown twig. Just do give you guys a little details. Humidity is at around 65 to 80, temp at 90-95 basking area and cool area is at 75-80. Night time is well maintained at 75. Substrates are coconut husk at one area and moss at the other. She soaks once every other day. I also see shedding at the back legs. ImageUploadedByTortForum1371662899.827101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Sheddiing is 100% normal for reptiles. Snakes do it all in one go. Torts do it oretty much constantly and look downright tatty at times. Leave it alone and let itd rub off naturally.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
JoesMum said:
Sheddiing is 100% normal for reptiles. Snakes do it all in one go. Torts do it oretty much constantly and look downright tatty at times. Leave it alone and let itd rub off naturally.

Alright then. I was just curious if her skin looks healthy. I knew I can always count on you to answer me first! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.