Shedding

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
So I noticed what I thought was a growth on Shelly’s arm and gently rolled my finger over it. It was skin! I know tortoises shed but I assumed it was in small barely noticeable pieces, not like this! Help?

I bathe him for 20-30 minutes every other day in warm water and he soaks a lot in his bowl without me having to interfere (he loves water and actually sleeps in it sometimes lol.) He also has a very good diet of varied tortoise safe fresh forage.

Attachments

• EA5FD85A-62BE-4E3F-A847-FFF1F1B1B097.png
    EA5FD85A-62BE-4E3F-A847-FFF1F1B1B097.png
    896.8 KB · Views: 8

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So I noticed what I thought was a growth on Shelly’s arm and gently rolled my finger over it. It was skin! I know tortoises shed but I assumed it was in small barely noticeable pieces, not like this! Help?

I bathe him for 20-30 minutes every other day in warm water and he soaks a lot in his bowl without me having to interfere (he loves water and actually sleeps in it sometimes lol.) He also has a very good diet of varied tortoise safe fresh forage.
Sun burn.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ah, really?! I’m guessing cus I’m leaving his UV on for too long? Cr*p.
You bought a good quality strong UV source. It must be used carefully and correctly. What height is it at? Did you use a Solarmeter 6.5 to check the UV levels under it?