she has arrived....pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Little Artax arrived this morning around 10:15am. I was starting to get worried since it was getting late....but at the last minute she arrived :D I opened the package and felt her moving in her little bag. I felt like I couldn't get it open fast enough....so here she is, artax born 1/2/12 and weighing in at 38g today.

the bag she came in
064.jpg

taking her first soak
026-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

023.jpg

016.jpg

here she is in her enclosure
035-1.jpg

036.jpg

she is quite the climber
057.jpg

055.jpg

after her long trip from Texas she is starving...
068.jpg

thanks for looking....sorry so many pics :D

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
That enclosure looks nice, its deep enough for artex to dig around and get comfy or even burrow :)
Just keep artex hot and humid, Leopards seem to pyramid very fast in captivity if kept dry..

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Jacob said:
That enclosure looks nice, its deep enough for artex to dig around and get comfy or even burrow :)
Just keep artex hot and humid, Leopards seem to pyramid very fast in captivity if kept dry..

humidity is 60% or higher....we live in florida, so it is always humid here and she lives in a closed chamber house. So far the temps are 80-83 on the cool side and 78 in her hide, 105 under the basking and 95 on the hot side.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
jesst said:
Jacob said:

humidity is 60% or higher....we live in florida, so it is always humid here and she lives in a closed chamber house. So far the temps are 80-83 on the cool side and 78 in her hide, 105 under the basking and 95 on the hot side.
Nice, your leopard is gonna strive in florida..

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
bigred said:
Always exciting to get a new tort. So when you getting another :tort: :D

I like this lol. Thats what i did i got 2 now up to 4 lol

Nice Leopard:) with a good home and owner

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I see why you call her a "she." Is that a teeny weeny little extra scute I see?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
She is very cute and the enclosure looks great!

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
It is a tiny extra scute....the main reason I fell in love with her :)

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
We made it threw our first night with the new little one, although I wad up checking her temps until 1:30am :). She woke up at 7:30 this morning and started to eat her breakfast. She has been so active and eating like a champ, I hope she continues to act this way. I made sure her night temps didn't get below 80 and she seemed comfortable sleeping out of her hide last night. My only concern is the che I have on at night makes one side around 95 but keeps the other side at 80-81, is this ok for her or too hot. Humidity is always higher then 60%

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Those first few days are nerve wracking aren't they :cool:. You can put a thermostat on your CHE to keep it at a constant temp. My CHE is over the humid hide and a constant 85 with the thermostat, day and night. After the UV light goes off for the night, my enclosure cools off to around 80, but remains 85 over the humid hide. Sometimes my tortoise will sleep on the cooler side and sometimes he will stay in the warmer hide. It sounds like Artax is doing very well. If she is active and eating well already she is doing great!! 95 might be a little warm for night time, but a thermostat will fix that, not to worry.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
DesertGrandma said:
Those first few days are nerve wracking aren't they :cool:. You can put a thermostat on your CHE to keep it at a constant temp. My CHE is over the humid hide and a constant 85 with the thermostat, day and night. After the UV light goes off for the night, my enclosure cools off to around 80, but remains 85 over the humid hide. Sometimes my tortoise will sleep on the cooler side and sometimes he will stay in the warmer hide. It sounds like Artax is doing very well. If she is active and eating well already she is doing great!! 95 might be a little warm for night time, but a thermostat will fix that, not to worry.

thank you for the quick reply. it is nerve wracking, she is half the size of Morla when we got her, and i was a crazy nut for the first 3 months we had her. I think my girlfriend was ready to kill me with how many times i was checking her temps.

Zamric said:
aint new ones fun!

they are fun...but man i think i might develop an ulcer from the stress i am causing myself. I catch myself constantly watching her while she sleeps and checking her temps with my temp gun to make sure she isn't getting too cold....plus its hard to pull myself away from her cuteness :)

Status
Not open for further replies.