She comes tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
I am getting a new Russian female from another forum member and she comes tomorrow morning. I am super excited! I can't sleep, I keep updating ups.com to watch her travel across the country. I am so worried about the travel part. I am sure it will be fine but I still can't help worrying.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
congrats! i know how it feels, excited but worried at the same time..lol i think ever one of us here has gone threw that feeling atleast once

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
2013 001.JPG
She's here! I gave her a long warm soak as soon as I opened the box and then put her in her new enclosure to eat. She has been eating for 40 mins. When I go to check on her she will stop and walk over to me, lets me pet her without getting scared and then goes back to eating. She seems more social then my male. She's super cute.

PS Her name is Lola.

2013 002.JPG
2013 003.JPG
2013 005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Congrats! Hope she's doing well.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

txturtle13

5 Year Member
How cute! Glad she's acclimating well :)

My Loves:
My Husband
2 Dogs
2 Three toed box turtles
1 Betta fish

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Lola is the sweetest thing ever and has a total opposite disposition from my male Nubs. She is very friendly and when ever she hears me she comes right over. Here is a shot from breakfast. She preferred to eat from the bottom up today.
2013 003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

txturtle13

5 Year Member
How cute!!! RTs have such adorable personalities.

My Loves:
My Husband
2 Dogs
2 Three toed box turtles
1 Betta fish

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Congrats on your new tort. She's a beauty!

Ann from CT

Penn

5 Year Member
Very nice girl. I think my boy hates me :..(

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Why do you think that? My male is not social and prefers to not be touched. The female is just the opposite.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Beautiful girl! I do have a little concern, though. In her enclosure, I noticed a temp gauge reading 100 degrees? Is that right? If it is, I think that may be a bit too warm for a Russian. You may want to check with others who own RT to see what temps are right for them because I was under the impression that only the basking area should be that hot.

sharky43

5 Year Member
My male and female Russians act the same way, shy male & outgoing female. Beautiful tortoise by the way and if it is reading 100 I would bring it down we keep ours around 85-88. Good luck with your new girl!

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
The gauge is not right and I forgot it was even in there until you mentioned it. I use a temp gun. Basking is at 94 and she loves to hang out in for terra cotta dish to bask. I have since moved the slate as it was getting to hot. Right now I am trying to figure out where in my house I can build a larger table for the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.