She came!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
This morning at 8:36 am she came! My first little hatchling tort. I just couldn't resist taking pictures. I gave her a warm soak, fed her, and then left her alone assuming that she was going dig down into her hide and sleep for the rest of the day. Actually, she's just turned around and is sitting at the mouth of the hide surveying her new domain.

Well, without further ado, here are the pictures.

This is my first real look at her. Notice the split scute. I didn't notice that until later.
68vamv.jpg

She dove right in and had her first drink.
29w979d.jpg

She wouldn't stop wiggling. It was so hard to get a good face and head shot.
2h8cy7o.jpg

34xn7t4.jpg

Checking out the food options
4q4c52.jpg

Happy face for Dandelions!!!
316rwuw.jpg

And of course, tort butt
30mohw8.jpg

Needless to say, she's very cute.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Wonderful photos!

Such a pretty polka-dotted Redfoot. You must be so proud.

She just oozes good health and perky personality.

Congratulations. :D

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!! Your little RedFoot is a doll!!!:D Name her yet? Where did you get her from? Btw....you did all the perfect steps to welcome her home. She will be settled in in no time!;)

Kendra*

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
I really want another baby red foot right now! I love when they crawl around in the sphagnum moss. Congrats! :)

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Thanks everyone! Yes, I am very proud. I'm surprised that she's actually not sleeping. She's sitting with her head out of the hide just alertly staring at the world. No name yet, I like to wait a week or so to get some idea about what her personality will be like. My other redfoot is named Kiwi, so I'll probably try to stick with a name that matches.

I got her from Vicki at tortoiseyard.com. She was awesome to work with. Originally I had picked a really dark skinned one that was really dark without much red on her, but then decided to get this little one. Maybe it's just me but it seems like she just has a ton of color on her head legs and even tail.

I really like the picture of her chomping into that dandelion flower. She just looks like she's smiling soo big as she's chompin down.

M

Maggie Cummings

I know Vicki thru several list serves. She is very experienced and raises beautiful tortoises. I am glad you got your baby from her. She sure is pretty and shipping didn't seem to bother her. That generally means she'll be outgoing and curious about stuff. Good job!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very nice. Congratulations.

Ahh... the promise of young life...

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Thanks again for all the compliments everyone. I'll have to get a closer look at her tail in real life next time. Its only now that I'm noticing that little nub. For now she's sleeping...so maybe in a day or two.

maggie3fan said:
I know Vicki thru several list serves. She is very experienced and raises beautiful tortoises. I am glad you got your baby from her. She sure is pretty and shipping didn't seem to bother her. That generally means she'll be outgoing and curious about stuff. Good job!

I hope so. I really want her to be outgoing. So far so good. She stayed awake for hours after I put her in her enclosure. She was just staring out across her mossy kingdom happy as a lark.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
She's perfect. ;) How old is she? They have said good things on here about Vicki and now I can see why. What an alert little one you've got. Congratulations. :D

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Looks like she hatched 4-24-10 so she's just a bit over 2 months old. She turned around this afternoon and finally went to sleep in her hide. If I look close I can just barely see her little tort rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.