After shipping was delayed a day, I bring you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
My new leopard hatchling! Her name is Sif. Thanks Greg, she is great and so tiny! I can't believe Thor was this small when I got him last year!

Without further ado, Sif!
Sif1.jpg

Shipping was delayed a day, ugh. I was pretty worried as the last update on track/confirm was Monday at 5:30pm. The next update was Last night at almost Midnight. She was supposed to be here at Noon yesterday.

Thankfully, she drank a bit while she was soaking for 30 minutes. I see no nose issues, eye issues or any issues at all yet. But now I have to re-schedule my vet appointment (was supposed to be yesterday).

Here she is eating a Mazuri pellet, to also help rehydrate her. She was starving!
SifMazuri2.jpg

Checking out the water dish for me!
Sif2.jpg

Soaking when she first got here.
SifArrived1.jpg

Enclosure (4x2).
SifIndoor1.jpg

Warm/Humid hide. It's 7 inches wide, 7 inches long and 4 inches tall. About 2/3 of the hide is completely dark.
SifIndoor3.jpg

Other hide. If you couldn't tell from Thor's enclosure, I love cinder blocks!
SifIndoor4.jpg

Something I just noticed and I think is pretty unique? One of the scutes/scales is completely black.
SifMazuri3.jpg

Anyways, I am really pleased with her. I didn't know what to expect because shipping got delayed. She's currently exploring her new digs and seems to like it.

Tomorrow will be her first outside time with me!

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Thanks guys! She finished her Mazuri, basked a bit and is now taking a nap in the hide.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well Rob she is sure lucky to have you. That enclosure is very big and nice for her to roam around in and two hides that's great. :D She is a looker and I love the blackened scute it only makes her more special and you'd be able to pick her out from a crowd. :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Woo Hoo! Congrats. I'm glad she arrived safely. She looks great too.

Your humid hide box will work better if you close in the front and just have a little door. I use plastic shoe boxes for this and dremel out a door hole.

Have fun. Babies are awesome.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Tom said:
Woo Hoo! Congrats. I'm glad she arrived safely. She looks great too.

Your humid hide box will work better if you close in the front and just have a little door. I use plastic shoe boxes for this and dremel out a door hole.

Have fun. Babies are awesome.

Thanks. Since it's so humid here to begin with (55% right now). With the substrate being moist, the hide is around 90-99% humidity.

Might have to change some things for winter time though when it's dry.

Treebon

5 Year Member
Boston
The shells on Leopards always amaze me with how nice they are. Where did you have her shipped from?

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Treebon said:
The shells on Leopards always amaze me with how nice they are. Where did you have her shipped from?

Phoenix AZ, from Greg Knoell.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Thanks everyone!

She just had her "dinner". She ate everything but a couple of pieces.

It included: Endive, Escarole, Radicchio, Collard greens and Plantain, topped with some calcium.

Yummy Endive!
SifGreens1.jpg

Maybe i'll have some radicchio.
SifGreens5.jpg

I tore the greens into bite size pieces for her.
SifGreens10.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
She's stunning! I just love the look of leopard hatchlings. Definitely one of the prettiest little torts!

Status
Not open for further replies.