Sex of your escapies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Oregon
For those of you who have lost their pets (and I’m sorry) were they males or females and did they have a companion of the opposite sex. My male Russian tortoise is always looking for ways to get out of the yard even though it’s large with plenty to eat. I’m hoping a female Russian in the yard will keep him occupied and resist the urge to roam. What do you think? Thanks in advance, Jack

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Darya is the one I have that is most often trying to get out. She is female. (Russian.)

My littlest Redfoot, most likely female, is also always trying to climb out.

My male box turtle is the only other one that has ever actually gotten loose.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My male russian, was my only escapee, My box and RF don't seem to be interested in escaping. My russian was quickly found BTW

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Male russian.. escape artists.. I dont know if it has to do with looking for a mate.. Prob not,, but good question...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dolfanjack said:
For those of you who have lost their pets (and I’m sorry) were they males or females and did they have a companion of the opposite sex. My male Russian tortoise is always looking for ways to get out of the yard even though it’s large with plenty to eat. I’m hoping a female Russian in the yard will keep him occupied and resist the urge to roam. What do you think? Thanks in advance, Jack

3 or more'll keep him well-distracted... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.