setups for baby Sulcata...

SarahM82

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Valley Springs, CA
Hello fellow Sulcata parents. Can I see your baby's setup. From all of my google research (thank goodness I found this forum) I found that most used an open box type of space for their babies tortoises, so that is what I did. I made a makeshift one out of a shallow cardboard box until I could make a bigger table top box but have now learned better so I'm hoping to get some ideas. Also how do you keep it humid in there? how big of a tank should we go with? what should be in the bottom of the tank? Any help to get our little baby living in the best environment possible would be awesome!! Please & Thank you!!

Here is our current temp setup:
DSC_0004_zps0sr34soy.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Go to the sulcata section check out the care sheets . You will find everything there . Welcome to tfo !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah:

We have a wealth of info for you pinned at the top of our sulcata section, and be sure to read all the threads linked for you on your other thread. You can also check out our "Enclosure" section, as many of our members have posted pictures of their habitats there.

SarahM82

5 Year Member
Valley Springs, CA
Thank you both! I did read through a couple of the pinned posts and got a lot of great tips for the enclosure. I'll have to go find the enclosure section and look through it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I see one big bright light, and I'm wondering what you are using for overall daytime/night time temperatures. You will want to create a closed enclosure that maintains proper day/night temps. Check out Ceramic Heating Elements coupled with a thermostat. This combo will ensure proper overall ambient temps. Read up too on your water dish, most ppl prefer to use plain old terracotta plant sausers. Easy to bury level with the substrate, vice having tort trying to crawl up and over for water.

Don't forget, daily warm soaks! Good luck.