Setting up new closed chamber.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
This raised bed set up is awesome for the price, especially if you don't have the tools or skills to build with wood.
I wish I could get these in 4x8 size or some bracket kit to make it that size but I will have to build my next two enclosures for my Russians. That will be quite a chore with my lack of experience. Lol

Elohi(Earth)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
This raised bed set up is awesome for the price, especially if you don't have the tools or skills to build with wood.
I wish I could get these in 4x8 size or some bracket kit to make it that size but I will have to build my next two enclosures for my Russians. That will be quite a chore with my lack of experience. Lol

Elohi(Earth)
I saw some that were actually 4 x 8 but I do not remember where. Try Home Depot? I do not think they came with the cover but they sell that seperately (for $49.99) and you could just buy an extra one. There are also bracket kits on their web site to make your own out of wood. I think the ones I saw were $39.99 a set. Im thinking hinges would work and not be nearly as costly.

verda

5 Year Member
Texas
So glad I saw this post, I was just about to have someone help me build a bigger indoor enclosure and had no idea where to start. This is such a awesome enclosure! Thanks for sharing this ^_^

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
I wonder if you could set up two side by side somehow and bore a hole to have a 4x8 enclosure? I guess it's kinda hard with how they are built.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wonder if you could set up two side by side somehow and bore a hole to have a 4x8 enclosure? I guess it's kinda hard with how they are built.
Yeah that would probably be pretty challenging but a bridge walls so the tort could take a right turn off the bridge and walk down the path that the two side would create together and escape LOL. This gives me an idea for the future, thank you!

Elohi(Earth)

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
There's a magazine called The Gardener or something like that and I'm preeetyyyyy sure they sell kits for raised beds (what this is intended for) that are made out of this same plastic siding. Not sure about a top though but that would be fairly easy to accomplish with PVC pipe and plastic covering.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
How did you fix the bulbs up there? Are they stable enough (I'm just curious :) )

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
We got ours yesterday! Installed the shower curtain today. It was such a ***** to snap together, but we did it! Humphrey won't be moved into this enclosure until mid-August (we are going away and he is being taken care of by a co-worker in his current Zoomed Tortoise Table).
My husband was very proud of himself.
2ed8cpc.jpg

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Great minds, I bought the kit too! I was going to use it for an outdoor enclosure next summer, it never dawned on me it use it indoors!! I will bet setting mine up soon... And that basket hut is brilliant!!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
All of them are artificial but I am going to be experimenting with some live plants soon. :)

Elohi(Earth)
Spider worts are nice :), melon grow easily for me... Purslane likes our desert heat, petunias I'm not sure (they are sold everywhere here, most die in summer then grow in winter)... Good luck!

NicoleMarie

5 Year Member
i just got mine last week for an outdoor pen, still gotta add more soil and things to hide in but the past few days hes loved it in there. so did my baby beardie for some snacks lol

Attachments

• tort pen 2.jpg
    tort pen 2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 92
  • tort pen.jpg
    tort pen.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 94