Serial Cat Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I am hoping some crazed convict skins this kid when he gets sentenced...I have always believed in keeping cats inside and over and over that has proved me right. What an awful thing to happen to a pet you love...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What are you talking about? Since I live in a cave, don't subscribe to the newspaper and don't listen to the news, I'm in the dark here.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

A teenage kid was arrested for killing and skinning house cats he caught outside. It was around Miami I think. It went on for several weeks. They caught him a few days ago...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I'm sorry for the cats, and I'm sure they suffered terribly, however, the boy needs help desperately! I hope he gets it.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cheese & Rice ! That boy is seriously not well, desperate help needed for him. It is shocking, I have always been interested in minds of kids who do things like that, what on earth makes them do that???? I studied criminology, and certain theories we studied were that kids who hurt and tortured animals as a kid, turn for the worse without mental help and start to do that to people. All the known serial killers worldwide, Ted Bundy, Jack the Ripper, it was said in my cases that they all hurt animals. Pretty intriguing !

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Horrible.. And just yesterday the ASPCA sent this email.. :(

http://www.aspca.org/news/national/06-12-09.html#1

Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence

On June 3, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Agents arrested Cheyenne Cherry, a 17-year-old resident of the Bronx, for allegedly killing a two-month-old kitten by burning her to death in an oven. In addition to cruelty to animals, Cherry was charged with multiple counts of burglary, arson and criminal mischief. Under New York State law, Cherry is considered an adult and faces more than 10 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Cherry admits that she broke into the home of an ex-roommate on May 6 with the intent to "play a joke and mess up her apartment." Cherry and an accomplice allegedly threw bleach on the walls of the apartment, slashed furniture and stole various items. Before leaving, the pair put the victim's kitten, Tiger Lily, into the hot oven.

When police arrived at the Bronx apartment to investigate smoke complaints, Tiger Lily was found dead. Her remains were taken to ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, where veterinarians had to perform a necropsy to determine the sex of the badly burned kitten.

According to Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, Cherry's explanation for placing the kitten in the oven was simply: "I hate cats."

If you know of a child or teen who is hurting animals, please report his or her behavior to the proper authorities—kids who assault animals may eventually act out on people. The ASPCA offers a list of ways to intervene when a child or teen displays dangerous behavior around animals.

To report animal cruelty in New York City, contact the ASPCA anonymous tip line at (877) THE-ASPCA. Visit our Report Cruelty FAQ to learn how to report cruelty elsewhere.

Warning Signs That Your Child’s Behavior Is Dangerous To Pets

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/kids-...lds-behavior-is-dangerous-to-pets.html#action

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wow thats a hectic story !!!!!! Brings tears to my eyes how people can do that to animals. absolutely sickening. interesting email they sent GulfCoast

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Millerlite said:
his excuse was "i hate cats" wow.... he has problems,

It's even worse when you realize it was a GIRL who did this!! Usually us girls aren't as bad as those darned boys!

Yvonne

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
emysemys said:
Millerlite said:
his excuse was "i hate cats" wow.... he has problems,

Yvonne

It's even worse when you realize it was a GIRL who did this!! Usually us girls aren't as bad as those darned boys!

Yea, I was shocked too to see that it was a girl (or even girls) that put the kitten in the oven.. horrible just horrible.. I am so glad she was caught and hope she pays for this..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She won't get ten years, she will say sorry and they will go ok counsleing and probation for you. sad to say but that is how I think it will play out.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
I know a couple of years ago, some little ba$tards in central Iowa video taped themselves setting a family of opposums on fire and sent it to eBaums website. I am pretty sure these kids have more than a few of the tell-tale signs of a sociopath.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
There are strong correlations between children who abuse animals and people who turn out to be rapist and murderers... children who do this need help immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.