Selling tortises in TENNESSEE?

braige thomas

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville TENNESSEE
Hey was wondering if anyone knew If shipping / selling baby or adult tortises is legal in TN WITHOUT License I see these people on morph mart buy literlay mabye 3 tortises and just mark the price up was wondering if this could be a good side hustle love tortises want to keep manye. Burmese stars other stars or any tort to keep until it sells obviously burmese star are Hugh demand so just a thought what do you guys think and if no shipping can I go to local reptile show and sell because in TN there's barely any torts there if I was able to bring really any tort but ecpsially the stars cause there rare I think I could sell a good amount bur even just morph marting a couple At a time mabye buy 5 for a deal then resale little high I've noticed that's what they do after buying my own stars from there

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hopefully you would want to be a good breeder/seller and not only hatch and raise them correctly, but that you would only want to buy from those that do it right too. Unfortunately doing it right, in the breeding of any animal, is not profitable.
Your "side hustle" as you call it, sounds like you don't realize they are living things that needs a lot of good care. Also, what kind of space do you have for those you can't sell?
No, not a good "side hustle" but I don't think it's illegal in TN.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
Hopefully you would want to be a good breeder/seller and not only hatch and raise them correctly, but that you would only want to buy from those that do it right too. Unfortunately doing it right, in the breeding of any animal, is not profitable.
Your "side hustle" as you call it, sounds like you don't realize they are living things that needs a lot of good care. Also, what kind of space do you have for those you can't sell?
No, not a good "side hustle" but I don't think it's illegal in TN.
Was thinking more like buy a group sell them repeat breeding takes way to long if one day my personal tortises have baby's I would love to try but that's not really the aim more buy like 5 ish tortises rare ones only burmese etc and resale for higher there is no one within 100 miles or more that sells any tortise at all even the huge reptile show here has 0 mabye a sulcata if your lucky I have plenty if space in a pvc enclosure for a few to be comfortable I think so if I could not sell them I would keep them or just sell at lower my local reptile store there's only 2 within a few county's said they would be intr3dted in 4 burmese so just a thought I had also morph mart fb market place etc I take care of my tortises I have now like my dam kids and put alot of mo wy and time into them so I think I can raise them up right and well any thoughts?
It's not just about money but Turning a passion into a little profit

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It's my understanding that any endangered species of tortoise is illegal in TN. It's late and I'm tired and I can't find a reference right now to back that up. But you would need to do some very careful research of TN laws before attempting a venture like you're suggesting.