Seeking Tortoise Adoption

TotoroTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
Hi!

I live in Seattle and I am hoping to adopt a tortoise in the next couple of weeks. ALL the supplies should be here in the next couple of weeks and I will be ready to go. Does anyone have any insight on where to go to adopt a tortoise?

Having a Tortoise in the family has been a long time dream and I am SOOO excited to be making it a reality!

Thanks for any and all insight!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
First, pinpoint which species you want (testudo are amazing for new owners) then once you have all the things our care guides list, for adoption id check your local Craigslist. Or we have lost of breeders here too that start the babies off right ?

TotoroTortoise

Seattle
First, pinpoint which species you want (testudo are amazing for new owners) then once you have all the things our care guides list, for adoption id check your local Craigslist. Or we have lost of breeders here too that start the babies off right ?
I am thinking Russian Tortoise. What are your thoughts here? Also, how might I connect with a breeder? Thank you!!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I am thinking Russian Tortoise. What are your thoughts here? Also, how might I connect with a breeder? Thank you!!
Russians are great! I dont have one, but plenty on here do and they are just the cutest little grumps! Lol
@Carol S I believe breeds them and she is amazing from what I hear from everyone on here. She can also help make sure you are good to go by answering questions ?

Here is our care sheet for those babies :

TotoroTortoise

Seattle
Russians are great! I dont have one, but plenty on here do and they are just the cutest little grumps! Lol
@Carol S I believe breeds them and she is amazing from what I hear from everyone on here. She can also help make sure you are good to go by answering questions ?

Here is our care sheet for those babies :

That is incredibly helpful!! Thank you. I just spent some time taking notes and reading through this!!

Amylovestorts

Hendersonville, NC
Hi!

I live in Seattle and I am hoping to adopt a tortoise in the next couple of weeks. ALL the supplies should be here in the next couple of weeks and I will be ready to go. Does anyone have any insight on where to go to adopt a tortoise?

Having a Tortoise in the family has been a long time dream and I am SOOO excited to be making it a reality!

Thanks for any and all insight!
Congratulation! I wish you the very best of luck with your new tortoise. Russians, Herman’s, Elongated's, Greeks are just a few that have crossed my mind as great tortoise pet prospects. I hope to be owning one in the near future too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Your local Craigslist can be a good source of tortoises that their current owners need or want to rehome.
However, this can sometimes be a sick tortoise. So keep that in mind.