See anywhere he can get out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
Hey guys :)
I'm going out of town for a school competition. I am leaving tomorrow(thursday) night and returning Sunday. My parents will be watching Turbo, my sulcata.
A little over a week ago Turbo escaped his outdoor enclosure and it took a couple hours to find him. Since then I keep a good eye of him(a bit paranoid) when he's out there. I have seen him upsidedown twice in the far right corner, i guess from trying to get over again.

Anyways, I want my parents to be able to put Turbo out for a little everyday without any complications. I put another layer of boards on, and screwed everything together.
I know I needed to cap the corners but had no wood to do it with. So I used pieces of my school folders. Do you think this will work?
Photo03281638_1.jpg
Photo03281636_2.jpg
Photo03281638.jpg
I put a peice on every corner and then 2 extra peices on the corner that he always trys to climb. I also put the problem corner's folder a little lower because he was still trying to climb. After I've put it up, I haven't seen him try to do it, but that could just be because he was mad I kept moving him to work over there.

Let me know if I need to fix anything. And btw this is only a temp. fix and he will still be watched out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Can you add a couple potted plants for shade so he doesnt have to be in the hides to cool off from the sun?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
something for shade.. even if its just a chair.. HA
it wont be long and you will want to go taller with the sides.. but should be ok for now.. no big birds?
to take some worry away you could do a wire mesh cover for it.. and just lay a towel on the wire for shade.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks good. I agree. A nice potted plant will give him some much needed shade and cover, but not take up much room. How about a smallish ficus tree or a hibiscus bush?

Status
Not open for further replies.