Search Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The search feature doesn't seem to be working properly (Or maybe it's me). I can't get on here much any more, so I come on quickly and search around but I keep getting the same results. Even when I search for things like "leopard tortoise" the only threads that will come up are ones that are several months old.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
You at least get something, it always tells me there is nothing matching my search features.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just searched leopard tortoise and came up with 10 threads and 10 pages. This is on my ipad. Not sure why your not getting more.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wellington said:
I just searched leopard tortoise and came up with 10 threads and 10 pages. This is on my ipad. Not sure why your not getting more.

I get 46 pages when I search for leopard tortoise, but the most recent thread is from 2 months ago. Not even this thread shows up...

I just did a search for "leopard" and the most recent thread shown was from two months ago. Yet, when I go into the leopard tortoise sub-forum people have posted "leopard" as recently as an hour ago.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If you use the Google box at the top, the results are probably sorted by Googles method. If you search here, then you have the option to set how you want the results sorted.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
jaizei said:
If you search here, then you have the option to set how you want the results sorted.

I just did a search for "Search Feature" and got two pages of results. This thread was not included in the results.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh explained to me a few days ago that the today's threads or today's posts have to batch overnight before they are included in search results.

JJ_BOY

5 Year Member
Whenever I search it doesn't come up with anything.

erica anne

5 Year Member
CourtneyG said:
You at least get something, it always tells me there is nothing matching my search features.

I get the same results. No match.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
What is everyone searching for that comes up with no results?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yvonne G said:
Josh explained to me a few days ago that the today's threads or today's posts have to batch overnight before they are included in search results.

I'll try "Search Feature" tomorrow and see if it works...but it still doesn't explain why when I search for "leopard" all of the threads are over two months old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't understand why you don't just go to the "Leopard" forum and look at subject titles. When that screen comes up, the most recent threads/posts are at the top.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yvonne G said:
I don't understand why you don't just go to the "Leopard" forum and look at subject titles. When that screen comes up, the most recent threads/posts are at the top.

....searching for "leopard" was just an example. The point here is that the search feature doesn't seem to be working properly.

I just attempted a search for "Search Feature" and this thread still does not come up.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
theelectraco said:
Search feature only works on full site for me not android or iPad app

I have the same issue with my iphone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have never - ever since I first joined this Forum - liked our "search" feature. I have since learned that I can go to GOOGLE and type in "Tortoise Forum - whatever I'm searching for" and I get the right thread every time. Right now I'm going to go try "Tortoise Forum - Search feature" and see what happens.

Yup. Sure enough. This thread comes up as the very first thing on the page.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yes, that works.

The normal search feature used to work just fine until about two or three months ago.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I joined in December, and I have never had any luck with the search feature working besides full site. I am not a fan of the apps anymore, although if all I'm doing is browsing or making small replies I will use the iPad app.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Has anyone had a chance to try this out? I know at least one other forum member has the same exact issue I seem to be having...

The google search works, however, it appears returns the threads that have your search criteria in the title first, then it shows the individual posts with your search criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.