SCAM www.tortoisesworld.com (discussion thread)

Ilovemytortoises

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
(Moderator note: The vendor review section is for reviews made by people who have personal buying experience with the vendor being reviewed, so all conversation-type posts are deleted. Because this is an important topic, I've made a duplicate and posted it here so we can talk about it without being deleted)

SCAM......Paid $500 for a radiated tortoise on www.tortoisesworld.com..didn't receive the tortoise. SCAM stay away from this website

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
[split] SCAM www.tortoisesworld.com

Yikes. That website has scam written all over it....I wouldn't even know where to start...Cameroon, wire transfers, stolen pictures, etc...

This type of thing has been going on for a long time. I am sorry to hear that you got ripped off.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
RE: SCAM www.tortoisesworld.com

His banner was stolen from our old site and then covered with his new text LOL.... Sorry, not funny that you got ripped off, but funny how pitiful these scammers are. His photos are stolen from all over the internet. Compare his banner to ours:

site600x70-1.jpg

Site600x70-1.jpg

You may want to post your experience on FaunaClassifieds.com on the "Board of Inquiry," that's kinda where most people go to research someone they are about to buy from.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow...I'm sorry to hear that you've lost that much money. Whenever I see "Cameroon" in any ad I right away think, "Scam." I don't know if there are any legit tortoise dealers in Camaroon, but I do know that there are many who just want your $$$.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thank you for share this. I'm sorry for you that you have to go through this none sense.

Buying from the net always have this kind of risk. We need to watch-out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm with Yvonne, Cameroon always smells like a scam. Never, ever trust it. So sorry this happened too you. Another type of scam to look out for are the ones that sell just about every type of tortoise out there. They are not legit either. Best place to buy from, is right here and make sure they have been a member for a while, and haven't just joined. Get too know them a little first. Again, so sorry.

Jazenami

I just thought I'd add my scam story.. I wanted to buy an akita from someone once off of craigslist and I lost $180 dollars through wire transfers. They wanted $180 for the dog then called again for $500 in "flight insurance" or the "dog" couldn't fly without it. At which point I said, wait a minute.
Anyway that was me being dumb!
Sorry you lost that money I know exactly how you feel, except the difference in amount. But I know you're feeling angry and duped.
Lesson learned!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Noted and keep this thread up...

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I just hate these folks, We can point you in the right direction to get a quality radiated. Ive never seen a radiated for 500.