scabs

phebe121

This morning i noticed scabs by both her ears is this from her nails (they hurt me when i hold her) iv never see the other one pick on her they just ignore each other.just want to make sure it doesnt look like the start of ear infection

CAM01512.jpg CAM01513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hard to tell. You can keep Neosporin on the scabs to make them soft and help healing. It's not the start of an ear abscess. That appears UNDER the skin.

phebe121

Thank you i did put antibiotic cream on it.do i do that daliy or a few times a day

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Does she have runny nose of mucus coming out of her mouth? One of my torts had a RI and had 2 spots right at the end of the mouth on both sides right under the ear looking thing, that were scabbed up the vet said its from the mucus chapping the spots and her rubbing it.
My tort I just rescued has dry/cracked and like dried up blood on both sides of the mouth but the vet said its because of lack of hydration. This tortoise was very dry!!!!

phebe121

Nope no runny nose or any of that my bf said she.was ramming things so he would feed her at 2 am lol but he didnt so she went back to bed.so may she just hurt herself on her shell or something. I soak them ever other day 20 min and the have a water dish big enough to soak in and one to drink out of as well