Sassy

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Adopted about a 30lb Sulcata, I guess I never get tired of building another enclosure LOL
She is 8 yrs old, and had a run in with a car many years back, and still has some shell issues on top of caprice that I don't like the looks of.. I'll be posting more about this in the health section with photos to get a handle on how to deal with the shell peeling, and possible treatment options.

I'm calling her "Sassy" Thought I'd show her new digs. When I weigh and measure her I'll post that to start her progress chart. She came from the Tampa area. As soon as I put her down in her new place she started grazing, didn't seem to be stressed by the changes or truck ride (2 1/2 hours) at all. Took bites out of everything, even a few bites of the Orchard grass/Timothy hay mix. Drank, and patrolled her enclosure till bedtime then went right in to her new house and fell asleep. I think she will be a good girl.
Here is her new home....

Attachments

• Sally (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • Sally (2).jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Sally (4).jpg
    668 KB · Views: 163
  • Sally (8).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
She looks sweet. Let's see if she turns into a sassy bulldozer. Not that a sulcata would want to muscle through a really nice enclosure. She is a beautiful girl.

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
Is that "mother in laws tongue" in her enclosure? How safe is that? I have a HUGE one that I was given when my mother passed away, but I've been scared to feed it...

Alaskamike

South Florida
Is that "mother in laws tongue" in her enclosure? How safe is that? I have a HUGE one that I was given when my mother passed away, but I've been scared to feed it...
I think your referring to the Spirovera I took that out shortly after the pic.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Ya. Whatever it was I took it out because I didn't see it as tortoise friendly.
Do you know what it's called?

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Sassy is a lucky girl !
m1212.gif

Alaskamike

South Florida
Well .... Already have to change a few things in her surround. She can just get her head through the chain link. And of course , whatever grass is on the other side MUST be better than what she can reach !

So .... Putting up barrier boards to insure she doesn't get her head stuck in the fence.

Keeping tortoises is easy. Right ? Hahaha. She's fun though. As soon as she sees me she comes to check out what have to give her.