safe plants for my yellow foot need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
the local reptile store near me finally has live plants I would like to add to my indoor setup but I need help one making sure they are safe(im assuming they are as they are in a reptile store) and two the "rules" to adding/planting/providing plants to my yellow foot indoors

the list:
pothos
Devil's ivy
calathea paryer plant
aluminum plant
purple leaf waffle plant

I have looked all over the internet and have read mixed answers so i'm looking for others who possibly use these plants currently or who strongly suggest not using them. I want to make sure they okay to eat.

I have read that you should wash them out because of pesticides and wait 1month before providing them to the tortoise (as live plants in the enclosure not as part of the diet)
should this 1month waiting period still used even if no pesticides are used? I know they seem to be planted in soil with the white bits and I know to avoid white bits for substrate would it be fine just to replant them in clean substrate and then add them in to the enclosure?

any and all help welcomed

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I am also adding more plants to my enclosures including spider plants. They currently have hibiscus, lavendar and strawberry plants.
EDIT: Oh, and ferns.

clwhitehouse

5 Year Member
Rover15 said:
I used the search bar and that site doesn't have some of the plants I mentioned the only have pothos, and the paryer plants

Does anyone know if spider plants are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.