Sadly must rehome my sulcata tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

CakeWalk

Ok, so here's my story. You can skip to the bottom for the short version if you want.

I took in a sulcata tortoise 5 years ago while working at an animal hospital. A client no longer wanted him and didn't properly care for him. She had him since he was a hatching and didn't have him on a proper diet or kept him in the proper habitat. He has a pyramid shell but its a good shape. No crazy deformations. While employed at the animal hospital I was allowed to keep Squishy in the yard during the day and brought in every night since the clients and children enjoyed visiting with him. He often went on field trips to classrooms,too. After 16 years, I no longer work at the animal hospital and I'm in the process of making a career change. As much as I want to rationalize it, I'm in no longer in a position where I can keep a growing sulcata. His current living situation (and mine) is not ideal and I much rather have him placed in a new home rather than waiting for me to find the right place to live. I really want to keep him, but I know he's not happy with just our "walks" and being kept indoors all the time. I want him to have his freedom and be a happy tortoise again.

I live in central Florida near Tampa and I would like to rehome him in Florida. Hopefully nearby. Sorry, no shipping. Squishy is about 10 years old, although he seems small for that age. He is a foot long and weighs about 9 pounds. He is the friendliest tortoise I ever met. I want him to have a really good home.

CakeWalk

Here's a recent picture of him.

Attachments

• 2014-06-15 12.17.18.jpg
    2014-06-15 12.17.18.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 153

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Just FYI, we don't play the CL game of charging re-homing fees. If you want to adopt him out, I can move this to the adoptin section, but you can't charge a fee, and call it an adoption. Just let a mod know what you would like to do.

jeasy88

Dade City, Florida
I am near Tampa and am familiar with sulcatas, i am willing to provide it a home and have a nice big backyard and enclosure to provide. Let me know

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Try checking out the chelonian institute of central Florida. They would take great care of him there, and I volunteer there so I could give you updates on squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.