Russian tortoise breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradt6

5 Year Member
My female is about 7-8 years old I have 2 females the same age the larger of the two has dropped eggs for the last 2 years and all are infertile, my male is full grow but his age is unknown I've been told bout 6-7 years old, I've been told they do not need hibernating, any advice much appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi bradt6:

There are a few things you've left out of your post that we'll need the answers to before we can give you a good answer.

For instance, are they all together in the same habitat...are they outside...where in the world are you (appx. is ok)...what do you feed them...have you seen them breed...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Six or seven years of age isn't very old for your male. He just might not be mature enough yet to breed. In a straight line from front to back, how big is he?

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

bradt6

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply, my male is about 5 1/2 inches there kept in doors as I live in the uk, during the summer they do go out in the day then back in at night, they are fed every other day as I was told this is best because they have a long digestive period, I feed them on kale, spring greens, tomato, cucumber, fruit, and also some weeds and dandilions, also I forgot to mention my female is about 6 1/2 to 7 inches and is only laying 1 egg at a time my other female is 5 1/2 to 6 inches and hasn't yet laid anything, many thanks brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.