Russian Rescue

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
What a great story. Hopefully your friend will realize that tortoises are not for her.

I think she burrowed down for 2-3 days because she needed to after being on paper towels, and to feel safe.
Glad she popped up! Well done.

Earth Mama

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
What a great story. Hopefully your friend will realize that tortoises are not for her.

I think she burrowed down for 2-3 days because she needed to after being on paper towels, and to feel safe.
Glad she popped up! Well done.
She is still staying buried most of the time but I'm giving her warm soaks each day and making her stay awake for a while. She's not eaten since day before yesterday but while she is awake, she is alert and active. I know she is WC and I don't think she's been in captivity very long. I'm now on a mission to help her acclimate. Part of that process is not forcing her too much. That's the hardest part.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I think your instincts are correct. You have to provide basics for her, like soaking, but allowing her some ability to acclimate is a good idea. :)

Tyanna

Wisconsin
She will warm up. I think my tortoise is also WC seeing as I got him from PetCo. It's been a little less than 3 months and he's still not COMPLETELY warmed up to me. He's getting there though!

Thanks for saving the cutie. :)