Russian in need of home, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

saberfire06

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampton, VA
From the best of our vets knowledge Dante is a actually a female but we liked the name so we kept it. We are looking to rehome since she seems miserable in her tortoise table and spends all day trying to climb the walls. This could be mainly our fault since we let her spend the warmer months in VA outside in a outdoor enclosure (pictured) but bring her in when the weather gets to cold. We don't have room for a larger indoor enclosure. Her adoption would include everything we have acquired for her throughout the years at no fee.

10398675_10204010083954098_6724731663616371761_n_zpswtgz0g0o.jpg

20151206_143904_zps7ulujj0u.jpg

20151206_143739_zpse5a7qpkx.jpg

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Rather than getting rid of her why don't you hibernate her in a box in the garage (or other area which has the proper temperature) during the Winter and she can spend the rest of the time outside?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm with Carol. Let the tortoise live outside all the time, but when she digs down to go into hibernation, box her up in shredded newspaper and store the box in a cold, dry place until spring.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I agree this is a very simple problem to solve. summers outside winter is hibernating just like nature

Mary Turner

If you are still looking for a home for Dante I am seriously interested. I live in the Richmond area and have turtles and tortoises most of my life. I would be happy to talk to you about this. Thanks.

Tori Sparrow

Central Florida
I live in Florida and will gladly let Dante frolic outside where it only drops below 30° 2-3 days a year. However I cannot come get her so unless you are planning a trip to Florida she would have to be sent (yes, am willing to cover overnight shipping if you want her to live in Florida).
Feel free to email me: [email protected]

Boxturtle1

I have been interested in a Russian tortoise and can provide a wonderful home for her. I live in central Virginia and will be glad to arrange to drive to Hampton meet to adopt her. I have nice space inside and outside and experience keeping several turtles and box turtles. She looks beautiful and i would love to give her a good home, if she is still available you can email me at [email protected] to arrange. Thanks

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Do you still have this Russian? If so will you ship? I would pay for the shipping. I am looking for another female. Thanks

Cheryl

tortmama94

5 Year Member
If you do still have her I would also be interested in her, I am on vacation with my in-laws in VA this week and just got a call from my parents who were watching my Eastern painted turtle that she passed :( but I've been doing extensive research into tortoises for years and want to start with a Russian. If she is still available and you get to me, my email is [email protected], thanks in advance

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
THIS IS AN OLD THREAD AND THE O.P. HASN'T BEEN ON THE FORUM SINCE FEBRUARY.

Status
Not open for further replies.