Russian disappeared for two weeks.

fritz269

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Long story short, Taco got out of her enclosure. She was able to get out out under the fence. She was gone for 15 days and we were worried sick. We posted flyers, and looked everywhere. My fiance went to take our leopard outside on a warm day and there was Taco in our neighbor's yard. I wonder where she was for 2 weeks.

Just wanted to share a sad story with a happy ending.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you got her back. Probably was there the whole time.
Earlier this week I thought mine had gotten out. Hadn't seen him in two days. The third day, there he was looking at me like "what, I was here the whole time" lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love a happy ending! So glad you found the tortoise.

fritz269

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Glad you got her back. Probably was there the whole time.
Earlier this week I thought mine had gotten out. Hadn't seen him in two days. The third day, there he was looking at me like "what, I was here the whole time" lol
She was probably there but we looked everywhere. Under every bush, everything and nothing. Then one day, there she was like " are you going to pick me up or what?". Have not seen my fiance so happy to have our other "kid" back.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
Very fortunate indeed. To prevent it in the future you could put down galvanized rolled wire mesh (Lowes or Home depot) on the ground and cover it with a few inches of soil. Will allow digging, just not far enough to escape.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Glad for the happy ending. I can “lose” my tortoise when she’s less than a foot a way and it’s nervewracking every time.