RT question

disorca

Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, NY
It is winter over here in New York, and I wanted to give my RT Ava enough exercise. . How much exercise (exploring) does a RT need during the day without dropping her temperature too much. Usually my home is at about 67-70 degrees.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your enclosure needs to be large enough to meet your tortoises needs. Walking around loose is a recipe for disaster.

disorca

Long Island, NY
Your enclosure needs to be large enough to meet your tortoises needs. Walking around loose is a recipe for disaster.

I am supervising her very closely, never leaves my sight during the 30-45 minutes she is out of her enclosure

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
There is a post once a month or so about a disaster happening when a tortoise was free roaming a home. Ingested something, got lost, head in door, dog attack..... The list goes on. The poster was always supervising closely. Distracted for just a minute. You might not have your own disaster today, tommor, or even next month, but you are risking your tortoises life. A well built safe enclosure is the only way to ensure safety. If you don't have space for an indoor enclosure, you should research hibernating next winter.

disorca

Long Island, NY
There is a post once a month or so about a disaster happening when a tortoise was free roaming a home. Ingested something, got lost, head in door, dog attack..... The list goes on. The poster was always supervising closely. Distracted for just a minute. You might not have your own disaster today, tommor, or even next month, but you are risking your tortoises life. A well built safe enclosure is the only way to ensure safety. If you don't have space for an indoor enclosure, you should research hibernating next winter.

Thank you for the advice.