Rose of Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
If any of you have ever bought nursery stock mail order, and are anything like me, you've probably been disappointed when your tiny plant arrived. I have almost always felt a little ripped off because of that. Anyway, I bought a rose of sharon from ebay, which sounded like it might be something that I could actually use. The shrub that arrived was a beautifully branched over 5' tall after planting, 3/4" stem. I thought that it was such a good deal, that I have ordered another one. He has 3 left and if anyone needs one I recomend these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170608443416&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
yagyujubei said:
If any of you have ever bought nursery stock mail order, and are anything like me, you've probably been disappointed when your tiny plant arrived. I have almost always felt a little ripped off because of that. Anyway, I bought a rose of sharon from ebay, which sounded like it might be something that I could actually use. The shrub that arrived was a beautifully branched over 5' tall after planting, 3/4" stem. I thought that it was such a good deal, that I have ordered another one. He has 3 left and if anyone needs one I recomend these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170608443416&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I needed one, and these do look very good. Thanks for the tip!

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
I'm a noob here and was very excited ta see rose of Sharon on the yes list mine are so big they are taking over my whole property line they grow like weeds I have purple,white and yellow or red can't remember now!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Rjhoop said:
I'm a noob here and was very excited ta see rose of Sharon on the yes list mine are so big they are taking over my whole property line they grow like weeds I have purple,white and yellow or red can't remember now!!

And apparently torts like the seedlings too. Not quite as good as goats, but close!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
...and for those of you with large torts...keep in mind...they will annihilate a full-grown plant if they can reach it, and Rose of Sharon is one of their absolute favorite...the entire bush is edible ;)

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
DeanS said:
...and for those of you with large torts...keep in mind...they will annihilate a full-grown plant if they can reach it, and Rose of Sharon is one of their absolute favorite...the entire bush is edible ;)

yea im not sure about that, mine are about 6" in diameter at the base but then again ive never seen what an adult sully can eat!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Rjhoop said:
DeanS said:

yea im not sure about that, mine are about 6" in diameter at the base but then again ive never seen what an adult sully can eat!!

I was referring to that first year or two when the plant is in it's first couple feet of growth! I had a fifty-pounder last year that climbed over the top of a foot-high planter and took out one of my two foot plants...nothing left but stump...of sorts!

Status
Not open for further replies.