Rodriguez Chelonians

Atlas.thetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Has anyone ever dealt with or heard of this vendor? From the looks of their website they seem to be really knowledgeable and passionate about their torts.

...just wondering.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are personal friends of mine. Their animals are well cared for, their babies are started correctly and well hydrated. They are one of the few breeders I would buy a baby from for myself. I highly recommend them.

Atlas.thetortoise

Louisiana
They are personal friends of mine. Their animals are well cared for, their babies are started correctly and well hydrated. They are one of the few breeders I would buy a baby from for myself. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the reply.

That’s great to hear. I’m wanting a P.p and I saw that they have a few available soon. I think I will be getting on from them.

MJOJO

Mount Vernon, MO
I have two for sale right now with more hatching for the next couple of months.

Tom, do you have a website or email? I’m researching diligently and working on my enclosure for my new baby. Now I’m looking for the right Breeder to buy from. If you still have a baby or have one soon I would like to talk to you about it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom, do you have a website or email? I’m researching diligently and working on my enclosure for my new baby. Now I’m looking for the right Breeder to buy from. If you still have a baby or have one soon I would like to talk to you about it.

I don't have a website or anything like that. I'm just a very small time hobbyist with a few adults. I have three PP babies ready to ship right now. One is spoken for already and I have a guy waiting for me to send pics of the other two. More should hatch soon.

MJOJO

Mount Vernon, MO
I don't have a website or anything like that. I'm just a very small time hobbyist with a few adults. I have three PP babies ready to ship right now. One is spoken for already and I have a guy waiting for me to send pics of the other two. More should hatch soon.

I don’t know what PP means? I wouldn’t mind seeing pics if your guy decides not to take them. :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Has anyone ever dealt with or heard of this vendor? From the looks of their website they seem to be really knowledgeable and passionate about their torts.

...just wondering.

I know these folks personally. They appear to start tortoises babies properly. I’d go with them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don’t know what PP means? I wouldn’t mind seeing pics if your guy decides not to take them. :)
We used to have two subspecies of leopard tortoise. Geochelone pardalis babcockii was the "normal" leopard tortoise and the South African leopards were called Geochelone pardalis pardalis. Then the scientists decided these tortoises should be in a different genus, Stigmochelys. Then still more scientists decided that there should be no subspecies, and only one species with 11 different clades from various locations throughout the enormous range of this species. So we used to refer to the SA leopards as PP (pardalis pardalis) or Gpp (Geochelone pardalis pardalis). Now I just call them "regular leopards" or "South African leopards".