Rocket Found Something Different Today

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hate when wildlife babies fall out of their nest. What are you feeding it? Kitten milk/formula is one thing but he might be big enough to eat normal squirrel food. So cute. I raised one up years ago. Good luck hope he does good.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I hate when wildlife babies fall out of their nest. What are you feeding it? Kitten milk/formula is one thing but he might be big enough to eat normal squirrel food. So cute. I raised one up years ago. Good luck hope he does good.
Mazuri of course,along with some un-medicated young duck food. The adult squirrels are always stealing Walkers mazuri. I will improve his diet tomorrow when I get a chance to go out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

daniellenc

Maryland
Lol I’ve rescued quite a few squirrels. That one doesn’t need squirrel formula and can just eat normal. They love plain almonds!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
What a good boy, Rocket!! Sounds like it was all about the chase, and not "kill the bugger!!!"
Rocket and Seven are both special dogs. Seven she just goes along with whatever is going on and doesn't pay much attention to what is happening around the yard, unless the pugs across the street come out and start barking, she has to bark back.And when I tell her to stop she heads for the door, not directly but like a half circle to get there. She doesn't chase much of anything except her toys.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Lol I’ve rescued quite a few squirrels. That one doesn’t need squirrel formula and can just eat normal. They love plain almonds!!
I don't think it is ready to eat almonds quite yet, younger than you think, still a crawler. Probably doesn't need formula but not ready for adult food in it's natural form.

daniellenc

Maryland
Does it pee and poo on its own? I did a ton of squirrel rescue and that bushy tail says about go time. The fact you can handle it has me thinking young but can start on regular squirrel food. If it makes you feel better break it up but mamma does not play that game in the wild.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I haven't seen any pee or poo yet, so not sure.I have raised many baby squirrels, most much younger than this one.His tail is not really fluffy, the pic of him on the table is deceiving because it is spread out laying on the table. If he is not injured internally from the fall I'm pretty sure he will be fine.

Len B

10 Year Member!
How's the baby doing? Inquiring minds want to know...
He's doing good, His apatite is is improving everyday. Here is a pic taken this evening squirrel and Seven.jpg Today is the first time he held his tail like that. He enjoys climbing and just hanging onto me, I've learned to tie my hair back and wear a hat. Tomorrow I"m going over to the other house and get a large parrot cage so he will have more cage room when he's not hanging onto me.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
He's doing good, His apatite is is improving everyday. Here is a pic taken this evening View attachment 241338 Today is the first time he held his tail like that. He enjoys climbing and just hanging onto me, I've learned to tie my hair back and wear a hat. Tomorrow I"m going over to the other house and get a large parrot cage so he will have more cage room when he's not hanging onto me.
He is so cute! I'm so glad he's doing well!