What the heck did Gomez eat?

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
My little DT has been up from brumation for a week and he's already managed to find something he shouldn't have in his new enclosure -- some kind of reddish seed that dropped from the neighbor's tree. Anybody know what this is and if it's something to be concerned about?

Here are images of the culprit, with 'lipstick' on his beak, the seed in question ImageUploadedByTortForum1394566846.104155.jpgand the tree from which it fell. FYI, we're in Southern California.

Last edited by a moderator:

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
DARN! I cant remember the name. There's one in my front yard. It makes my hands itch when the sticky goop from the shell (inwhich the red seed falls from) when I touch it, so I'd say its probably not a great idea to to him get to any. A bite or two shouldn't hurt.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
tffnytorts said:
DARN! I cant remember the name. There's one in my front yard. It makes my hands itch when the sticky goop from the shell (inwhich the red seed falls from) when I touch it, so I'd say its probably not a great idea to to him get to any. A bite or two shouldn't hurt.

Sticky goop doesn't sound too promising. I scooped the remaining ones I found out of his enclosure. We've trimmed the tree back as far as our property line, but wind and birds will probably continue to drop those into his space, unfortunately.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If he has eaten them and he has not killed over by now, I bet he has now found a new obsession... :p Good luck trying to get that one out of his mind.....lol

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Well he hasn't keeled over, and I found the lipstick on his beak again today so I guess he found another one in there. And left his pile of organic greens. Of course.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well he hasn't keeled over, and I found the lipstick on his beak again today so I guess he found another one in there. And left his pile of organic greens. Of course.

Tenacious group....lol...and now he has a way to keep you on your toes....:p