Roberta, My Leopard Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It's been a while since I posted a pic of Roberta, Loosing the battle with pyramiding. I got her at 2 months of age with some pyramiding already,tried all the new suggested setups to stop pyramiding , but I think I am either doing something wrong or started to late at 2 months. She is a very outgoing little girl and will eat just about anything. The first pic was taken last Oct, the rest were taken yesterday. Len

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Roberta! Very pretty girl. The pyramiding doesn't seem to bad to me. If that's all it going to be, you're home free.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Her new growth looks pretty good Len. It is really hard to get it to stop once it starts. I think you are doing just fine with her, I would keep it up.

Very pretty little button, she is ;) I like her markings.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm no vet, but all I can say is that looks like a healthy tortoise. If she is outgoing and eating good, I would say you have done nothing wrong.

I'm not entirely convinced that pyramiding is the sign of doing something wrong, though it gets said a lot here. Even the Fife's who are credited as pioneers of solving pyramiding produce quite a few pyramided tortoises. Not that that is a negative thing in the least, in fact I'm not sure who you could get a more healthy tortoise from than the fifes. I just think that pyramiding is very complex and as such, easily misunderstood. So, I wouldn't go as far as to say you're losing any wars.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have to agree I have seen far worse pyramiding, on leopards, I would not worry to much if that is the extent of the pyramiding.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Her newer growth seems to be doing well. And like all the others already mentioned...if she's active and eating well I think it's mainly cosmetic that your worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.