Looking more Female everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This is Roberta, (i think I got the name right) she is 2 1/2 years old and doing pretty good now, after my failure with the hot and humid setup that didn't work for her or me when I got her at a few months of age.The last pic shows what she thought of being held upside down.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yup, good bed that she is in fact a she.

Have fun cleaning that poop off your floor!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Len said:
after my failure with the hot and humid setup that didn't work for her or me when I got her at a few months of age

Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to ask, what setup has been working for you these past 2years?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
What I am doing is close to what I did when I got my first sulcata, Walker, in 1996, he has some pyramiding not not real bad, but when I tried the new hot and humid method with the leopard and a sulcata the pyramiding seemed to be worse, so I am now using heat from the bottom and from gun safe drying rods placed out of reach of the tortoise,this way I can control the humidity easily and there is no direct hot light or che above them to dry the shells out, which I believe was the main problem with the hot and humid setup I had. I maintain a substrate temperature as close to 85 degrees as possible but never below 80 for the youngsters when they are inside.Her are some pics of Alex from today, he is about 9 months old and so far with the method I am using, no real bad pyramiding.---The most important thing is to get them outside when the weather permits---I am adding a pic of the sulcata that I got when I got Roberta, and he is starting to show great improvement in the pyramiding with new growth after changing his setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.