Roadkill Stats???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
At least turtles were the least likely to get hit. :)

The Mario sound effects were especially delightful.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui, this thread is for the cool people ok. We don't need that other thread here.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I saw the video, I couldn't believe how many people swerve to hit things. I didn't know people actually did that! Jacka**es!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I've seen it happen :( There has been a few times I have seen a turtle, pulled over to move it across the road, and someone has swerved over and deliberately hit it before I can get to it. People are sick, plain and simple.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kristina said:
I've seen it happen :( There has been a few times I have seen a turtle, pulled over to move it across the road, and someone has swerved over and deliberately hit it before I can get to it. People are sick, plain and simple.

Me too. :( The last time was a very beautiful box turtle female filled with eggs.. the eggs were crushed too.

TylerStewart said:
My bad.... I just try to steer clear of threads I see with 84 posts in them before I see it. In my limited time to hop on the forum while being paid at work, I look for smaller tasks to tackle :)

:D It's okay. I just thought it would be a good tie in to the other talk, if I let you know about it. So 84 is the magical number huh? :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That sh*# was HILARIOUS!

"Hey, That's my snake!" .....vrooooommmmmm

Poor tarantulas....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Anytime I see a turtle in the road, I will pull over and move it if its possible. No reason not to try and save it...

badkitty

10 Year Member!
Cecilia, Kentucky
haha love it
I stop for all animals, I actually found my red eared slider walking along the highway covered in mud ,it is much happier now.

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
Very good video! Even though people hit the animals, it's good to know there a lot of people who helped (or tried to help) also. Next time I need to zoom in on something I'll know to run the enhanced algorithm:D

EKLC

5 Year Member
All it would take is a few realistic fake turtles on the roadside filled with explosives, then people wouldn't play that game

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I actually saw that video yesterday, completely unrelated to this forum.

Pretty sad, honestly. Why people go out of their way to run over a turtle or snake is beyond me. I suggested to my girlfriend that we do a similar experiment, except we drive nails through the turtle so it gives them a flat tire. Then if they try to sue us we can have them arrested for animal cruelty.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
EKLC said:
All it would take is a few realistic fake turtles on the roadside filled with explosives, then people wouldn't play that game

Where do you draw the line?

Mgridgaway said:
I actually saw that video yesterday, completely unrelated to this forum.

Pretty sad, honestly. Why people go out of their way to run over a turtle or snake is beyond me. I suggested to my girlfriend that we do a similar experiment, except we drive nails through the turtle so it gives them a flat tire. Then if they try to sue us we can have them arrested for animal cruelty.

Running over a fake turtle isn't animal cruelty. What you are suggesting is most likely illegal in one way or another. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll lose control of the vehicle, killing everyone inside. That'll show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.