RIP Champ bud

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Unfortunately I lost my best bud few weeks ago. Champ was my no nonsense road dog. Down for whatever, and home security system. He was odd dog from the get go, not at all affectionate, did not do toys or tennis balls at all, and thought he could talk and never shut up. He absolutely lived for his trip to walk around the park everyday. Rain, sleet, or Snow there was no way of getting out of a trip to the park, and he would let you know too! I gave him the best life I could and we had some great times in these past 7 years and memories I'll never forget. Fly high Champ!Screenshot_20230807_130730_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143612_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143549_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143451_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143338_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143353_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143114_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_143215_Photos.jpg
Your NFT will live on forever dude!
Screenshot_20230806_191806_Photos.jpg
Now i was pretty devastated because it was so suddden. Champ was always at my side. He was only 7 in great health and was not expecting facing this for at least a few years. Currently I'm not working and unable to drive and stuck at my house due to a medical reason. My only escape everyday was our walk to the park everyday which is only about 5 min away. Now I didn't even have that and found myself sitting in my house alone, nothing to do, and constantly looking over at Champs couch (Yes he had his own couch lol) and he's not there. I began to feel myself falling falling into a depression. I knew I wanted another dog when I was ready. I've always liked French bulldogs and wanted one as my next dog. But I rescue, I don't buy from breeders and the chances of finding a French bulldog at the shelter is slim to none. Against my better judgement I let a friend take me to our county animal shelter just to " Get out of the house " Well we all know how that goes. Went in and second kennel I looked in love and behold was this 8 month old sweetheart who just became available for adoption that day. Not purebred, but close enough lol. Screenshot_20230810_095409_Photos.jpg
They brought her out to see me and she was so skittish and submissive she wouldn't even let me pet her and when I came close she just roll over on her back. They tried to diswade me because I told em I wanted an outgoing energetic dog. I could tell though she was like that because she was in Doggy Prison, Id be too. So.... guess yal know the end of the story. Paid her bond and we walked out together. Soon as we walked out the doors this dogs demeanor completely changed, she was so happy to be free. Look at that smile Screenshot_20230810_095552_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_095543_Photos.jpgSo I got a new buddy, "Foxy Roxy" She literally went from being scared/skittish to the most outgoing wildwoman overnight. She has fallen in love with me and does not leave my side even in the house she follows me from room to room. Screenshot_20230810_095752_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230810_095848_Photos.jpgI still miss my boy Champ a lot and always will. Foxy will never replace him, but I'm looking forward to the new chapter and memories and good times we will experience. She's made me quite happy again in these past few days I'vehad her
Except this morning when I took a nap and woke up with my remote control to my TV in a million pieces!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_095543_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_095543_Photos.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 2

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Beautiful dog both of them. So sorry for your loss. It sure is never easy.
I think Champ brought you this new pup and he knew you both needed each other.
Oddly, me too, Honestly I was not going to go to the shelter when my friend asked but then the next song started playing on my Pandora and it The ad at the top was for a dog food company and it said Who rescued who? This song, and I felt like that was him saying it's ok

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm glad that you got a new friend. And as a dog lover, I totally understand that kind of heartbreak.
You can never replace a great dog that you loved. But you can fill that void in your heart again. And start with the new journey.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What a lovely story. Something similar happened with me. I had just lost my little companion. I couldn't get over it and was crying every day. He was my favorite rabbit ever named The Taz. Then one day I kept hearing in my mind go get your rabbit. I was trying to get out of it because I didn't have much money until payday to set up a new rabbit. But someone kept insisting in my mind so I continued to go to a pet shop "just to look". And well I got QueSi. She was a crazy little mini rex😭. She wound up probably saving my life though. She was God given. I'll bet Foxy Roxy is one of those type of pets too. Enjoy 😊

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
What a lovely story. Something similar happened with me. I had just lost my little companion. I couldn't get over it and was crying every day. He was my favorite rabbit ever named The Taz. Then one day I kept hearing in my mind go get your rabbit. I was trying to get out of it because I didn't have much money until payday to set up a new rabbit. But someone kept insisting in my mind so I continued to go to a pet shop "just to look". And well I got QueSi. She was a crazy little mini rex😭. She wound up probably saving my life though. She was God given. I'll bet Foxy Roxy is one of those type of pets too. Enjoy 😊
My first Dog was named Taz, and he lived up to the name in every way lol.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My first Dog was named Taz, and he lived up to the name in every way lol.
I came to the conclusion that no matter what I need a bunny in my life. And there's one that needs me also for a chance at a better life. I'll never forget Tazzy but I'll love QueSi forever too. Now I have Razberri to deal with 🤗

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
What a wonderful story! I was feeling so bad after reading about Champ, then continued reading and learned about Foxy. I'm so happy you got your new BFF, and look forward to reading about her frequently. We all love puppy stories!

BTW, I love Champ's NFT!

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
my condolences, had to be a horrible day ....... the new pup got a lucky break , you helped her , i'm sure she'll help you .....

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Im so sorry for your loss. Your meeting is very much what happened with my dog. I went to pent him at the rescue group and he rolled over on his back immediately. Afraid of everything and had mange around his eye b/c he was so stressed from the shelter and the the rescue group. THe moment we went outside for a walk his tail lifted up vertical like the sail of a boat. It never changed in the 8 years I had him before he left, much much too soon.

I'm glad you found another little one to help each out out.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thought ET was in my living room for a second. Screenshot_20230812_160337_Gallery.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Disclaimer: To any new comers, Never leave your dog with your tortoises around unattended.Screenshot_20230813_183039_Photos.jpg20230813_100125.jpg

Wayfarin

Groveton, NH
It really is a shame that dogs don't live as long as tortoises. But if they did, it would be be even harder to say goodbye.

Dogs are happier than humans, so even though their lives are short, they are fulfilled.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey all, im back around been a little rough lately but I'm still alive. Well I quickly learned why Roxanne here was in the shelter because she's an absolute lunatic but her DNA results did come back with a little bit of velociraptor and T-Rex in her so it makes sense but she has her own one dog formula One races around the house and that includes like leaping eight feet over the coffee table or 5 ft over the chair and she does 60 MPH around the house for an hour at a time and I don't think she ever runs out of energy ever but her thing is frisbee she loves to play Frisbee and I do frisbee golf so she's pretty good at too she can jump up like six feet in the air and grab the frisbee out of the air but she is absolutely absolutely fascinated and protects the turtles it's it's so weird it's like her favorite thing a couple weeks ago one of my turtles had gotten out and Roxy was in the corner barking at me and I was like what are you barking at and I walked over there and there was my turtle on the floor she was trying to tell me the turtle was out. But I'm going to put a red dress on her on Halloween I want to go door to door when they open the door I'm going to say Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight and get a bunch of candy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You do know the leash laws doesn't mean she needs a leash with no one on the other end right? Lol. Just kidding, but there are people that actually think that.
She's a cutie and so fast.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You do know the leash laws doesn't mean she needs a leash with no one on the other end right? Lol. Just kidding, but there are people that actually think that.
She's a cutie and so fast.
She's a terrier with every trait they carry, if she gets a glimpse of a squirrel the Frisbee means nothing anymore lol, she will literally sit at the base of the tree a squirrel ran up and I'll have to physically pick her up to bring her in because she will stand there for hours waiting for it to come down. In fact she's already killed one, and a chipmunk

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey all, im back around been a little rough lately but I'm still alive. Well I quickly learned why Roxanne here was in the shelter because she's an absolute lunatic but her DNA results did come back with a little bit of velociraptor and T-Rex in her so it makes sense but she has her own one dog formula One races around the house and that includes like leaping eight feet over the coffee table or 5 ft over the chair and she does 60 MPH around the house for an hour at a time and I don't think she ever runs out of energy ever but her thing is frisbee she loves to play Frisbee and I do frisbee golf so she's pretty good at too she can jump up like six feet in the air and grab the frisbee out of the air but she is absolutely absolutely fascinated and protects the turtles it's it's so weird it's like her favorite thing a couple weeks ago one of my turtles had gotten out and Roxy was in the corner barking at me and I was like what are you barking at and I walked over there and there was my turtle on the floor she was trying to tell me the turtle was out. But I'm going to put a red dress on her on Halloween I want to go door to door when they open the door I'm going to say Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight and get a bunch of candy.

I have one like that too. My Doberman, Spring, has more energy than anything or anyone!!! Hopefully Roxanne worms her way into your heart so there's no danger of her having to go back to the shelter. At least you and she have an outlet for her excess energy. I'm too weak to play with Spring. The only thing I can do for her is walk laps in the pasture. While I'm lapping, she runs from one end to the other, barking at birds, cars going by, or absolutely just for the joy of being able to run!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Oh she already had no shes never going back or leaving me. She literally stays by my side wherever I go, from room to room, she was exercising exactly what I needed at the time. And they tried to dissuade me when I went to see her because she was marked as skittish and abused and she would never be a dog that will go places in car or hikes and that she's probably more of like a older woman's lap dog is what she's going to be and I said I don't care I want her. And as soon as we walked out the doors the tail that was down underneath her pointed straight up and she started jumping like I level with me almost like she was trying to give me a catcher and now getting in the car that was a different story she's like okay well he got me out of that building but should I go with him in this car I don't know but we eventually got in the car and this was the ride home, and now she's my coworker when we doordash, she's a slacker though. But she gets compensated 2 dog cookies per dash this was the ride home.Screenshot_20230810_095552_Photos.jpg