RIP Minnie Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, USA
Today I lost a best friend and family member. I feel so bad that I'm two hrs away and have classes that I couldn't leave to say my last good bye.

Minnie was our miniature dachshund we got when I was 8 years old. She was a surprise from my dad. She never really came up to me at first. Went to my mom a lot more. Made me so mad as a kid. I made her take a nap with me on the couch one day and after that she still wasn't sure. Then one day she somehow got down to our basement. The stairs were wood but had holes or openings in between. She got stuck under there and I heard her whimpering. I immediately ran down and got her. She was so happy after hat I swear she never left my side. My parents called her my dog.

She's obviously been getting old but she still ha fight in her. My dad lies on about 3 acres if land and we had the invisible fence so she got to roam around outside. Well she's a natural hunter and just about a month ago she cornered a skunk, smelled nasty for a week! But like I said she was still active and "young."

That's why it was so surprising to hear she passed. I was at work and on my break when I saw my dad called me, called him back and he told me the news:

She'd been looking pretty skinny this past week but showed no signs of being ill. My dad let her outside she went to e bathroom and whined to get back in so e let her in and sat back down to watch tv. She jumped up and curled in his lap... That's where she took her last breath my dad had no idea until he tried to get her up.

She was a part of our family and I'm so sad she's gone. Her sister, a different doxie we got when I was 4, had passed in 2009 bd we buried in the backyard. So tonight my dad laid Minnie to rest right next to her.

RIP Minnie dog you're forever loved. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365392533.556183.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365392541.201566.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great family member. I know the pain of losing a dog, is hurts like hell. Remember the good times. Like some of the little stories you just posted here. Those are the things that helps ease the pain. Again, I am so very sorry:(

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
taytay3391 said:
Today I lost a best friend and family member. I feel so bad that I'm two hrs away and have classes that I couldn't leave to say my last good bye.

Minnie was our miniature dachshund we got when I was 8 years old. She was a surprise from my dad. She never really came up to me at first. Went to my mom a lot more. Made me so mad as a kid. I made her take a nap with me on the couch one day and after that she still wasn't sure. Then one day she somehow got down to our basement. The stairs were wood but had holes or openings in between. She got stuck under there and I heard her whimpering. I immediately ran down and got her. She was so happy after hat I swear she never left my side. My parents called her my dog.

She's obviously been getting old but she still ha fight in her. My dad lies on about 3 acres if land and we had the invisible fence so she got to roam around outside. Well she's a natural hunter and just about a month ago she cornered a skunk, smelled nasty for a week! But like I said she was still active and "young."

That's why it was so surprising to hear she passed. I was at work and on my break when I saw my dad called me, called him back and he told me the news:

She'd been looking pretty skinny this past week but showed no signs of being ill. My dad let her outside she went to e bathroom and whined to get back in so e let her in and sat back down to watch tv. She jumped up and curled in his lap... That's where she took her last breath my dad had no idea until he tried to get her up.

She was a part of our family and I'm so sad she's gone. Her sister, a different doxie we got when I was 4, had passed in 2009 bd we buried in the backyard. So tonight my dad laid Minnie to rest right next to her.

RIP Minnie dog you're forever loved.

condolences ...... RIP minnie

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I'm sorry. This made me tear up :( I have a Black and Tan dachshund who's like a child to me. Sorry for your loss.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It breaks my heart to hear of any pet passing. Your dog received the best life it could ask for and received. You will see her in when it's you're time to go, at least that's always comforting to me when I have experienced what you have. It always gets better.

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

Status
Not open for further replies.